The Technician B will provide general research support. Seeking a motivated and enthusiastic individual with expertise to advance our goals of identifying, validating, and translating new biomarkers into the clinical laboratory. Our primary interests are in serum and urine exosome based biomarkers for urologic cancers.
Specific tasks will include:
- Isolation of exosomes from serum/plasma and urine using chemical and centrifugation methods.
- Chromatographic and mass spectrometric separation (LC-MS/MS) of complex clinical samples.
- Proteomics data analysis using bioinformatics software.
- Online database searches to assist in organizing and classifying newly discovered biomarkers, in preparation for downstream, follow-up analysis, e.g. targeted quantization.
S/he will also perform other duties necessary to the functioning of the laboratory, such as ordering and maintaining laboratory supplies, chemicals and equipment.
Minimum Qualifications for Grade Applicant meet these minimum qualifications to be considered an applicant:
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in chemistry, biology, physics or related science or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- The candidate selected for this position is required to undergo a drug screening test prior to a final offer of employment being made.
Additional Position-Specific Minimum Qualifications Applicant meet these minimum qualifications to be considered an applicant:
- Ability to work independently and keep an organized, up-to-date lab notebook.
- Must be experienced with standard molecular and cell biology techniques including gel electrophoresis, western blotting, and automated chromatography.
- Experience with chromatography (Perfinity/Shimadzu) and mass spectrometry (Skyline) software is a plus.
- Job Title: Technician B
- Job Code Title: 510214
- Job Requisition Number: 079171
- Department: 7538- PAT Pathology
- Location: Medical Center
- Job Type: Support Staff Full-Time Regular
- Bargaining Unit: 1199 / SSA Area
- Hours Per Week: 35
- Job Family: Research Support (Laboratory and Non-Laboratory)
- Salary Grade: Technical 4-074
- Salary Range: $22.07/hr
- HIPAA Compliance training required: Yes
- Participation in Medical Surveillance required: No Response
- What type of posting? Is this a waiver request?: Standard Posting
- Requisition Open Date: 07-29-2015
- Requisition Close Date: Open Until Filled
- Quick Link: jobs.columbia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=149947
- EEO Statement: Columbia University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer –Race/Gender/Disability/Veteran.
- Local Hiring: Columbia University is committed to the hiring of qualified local residents.