Position Description: Director of Drug Delivery Development
This position supports the R&D efforts of ArunA Bio by managing and overseeing the development of novel drug loading and delivery strategies, and new indications for the utilizing exosome-based therapies. We are seeking a highly motivated individual that has industry experience in developing neuroscience pharmaceutical or biopharmaceutical drugs and their delivery with specialty interests in one or more of the following:
1) genetic and chemical modification of exosomes and the cells that produce exosomes
2) Exosome biogenesis and manipulation of exosome activity, specifically uptake
3) blood brain barrier transport expertise (biologics preferred).
This person would lead a drug delivery team. The major activity of this group is to develop new therapeutics based on native neural exosomes and modifying exosomes to deliver bioactive compounds such as small molecules, proteins, and RNA targeted to the central nervous system. The ideal candidate would have managed team of scientist in engineering approaches to deliver therapeutics to the CNS. Preference will go to candidates with experience in the CNS diseases and a working knowledge in non-CNS rare disease.
- Oversee research and development program on drug delivery.
- Be the lead contact for collaborations with industry partners.
- Develop new and existing strategies that will move projects to the point of IND filings
- Develop new IP strategies with others in management and research.
- Effectively communicate strategies to others in management and the teams that this person manages
- Critically evaluate team data analysis, interpret results, and formulate logical next steps/goals for the research team research plan
- Manage and seek out effective outside collaborative research and development areas
- Present company advances at relevant conferences and meeting
- Oversee the execution of relevant sections supporting regulatory documents, grant proposals, and/or scientific publications.
- Be able to effectively seek out and utilize key opinion leaders
- conduct laboratory and other functions if needed.
- Accountable for the financial performance of each project assignment.
- Accountable for all project deliverables for each project assigned.
- Coordinate activities and deliverables of all study conduct partners and proactively identify and manage issues.
- Ensure studies are conducted so that they can be in compliance with GCP, relevant SOP’s and regulatory requirements.
- Accountable for maintenance of study information on a variety of databases and systems.
- Plan, coordinate, and present at internal meetings.
- Direct the activities of assigned Project Support staff
- Prepare project management reports for clients/strategic partners and management.
- Implement resource strategies to achieve project goals.
- Develop contingency planning and risk mitigation strategies to ensure successful delivery of study goals.
- Lead operational input to proposal development and pricing including proposed operations strategy.
- Train and support new Project Managers.
Education: Advanced degree is preferred in preferably neuro or vascular science, biochemical engineering, biomaterials science, or similar field. PhD with 7+ years in a management position biotech/pharmaceutical industry setting will be considered.
Qualified candidates submit cover letter and resume to:
Subject line: Director of Drug Delivery Development