Anjarium Biosciences is a pioneering Swiss biotech startup currently expanding its R&D team in Wädenswil (near Zurich). Our primary focus is transforming the exosome-based therapeutics landscape by leveraging our potent exosome engineering platform to develop a portfolio of drug candidates with multiple mechanisms of action. If you prosper in novel, fast-paced and translational research fields and are looking to join a dedicated and innovative team, we a want to hear from you.
We have an opportunity for a highly motivated and experienced individual to join our growing multidisciplinary team in Wädenswil as
Scientist, Exosome Biology (100%)
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Employ cutting-edge cell-line engineering and genomic engineering methodologies to develop novel extracellular vesicle-based delivery platforms;
- Design and execute experiments for cell-selectivity and functionality of extracellular vesicle based carriers;
- Develop and execute biochemical and immunological methods to develop extracellular vesicles characterization tools;
- Maintain knowledge of published developments in research field and recommend alternative approaches to research projects and programs;
- Contribute to publications as well as to patents in the areas of extracellular vesicles and cell biology and present results at scientific meetings;
- Operate and maintain laboratory equipment as well as prepare and order necessary laboratory supplies;
Your profile should ideally include the following:
- PhD in Biological Sciences, with a strong molecular biology or biochemical focus, post-doctoral experience is a plus;
- Hands-on expertise with molecular biology techniques, gene manipulation and cell-line engineering;
- Practical experience of fluorescence/luminescence-based cell reporter assays, cell imaging, confocal microscopy, FACS and/or RT-PCR
- Preferably familiarity with cellular trafficking mechanisms, endocytotic pathways, and assay design relevant to understanding cellular uptake and vesicle trafficking;
- Open minded with excellent problem solving skills, as well as the confidence to work within a fast-paced research field;
- Strong written and verbal communicator and presenter in English;
Are you looking for a unique opportunity to contribute experimentally, as well as intellectually, and want to be part of a dynamic team where your contributions are both essential and valued? As a growing start-up, we offer an innovative and versatile environment for skilled candidates eager to make an impact. Together, we at Anjarium aim to establish leadership in the realm of exosome engineering.
We invite you to send your cover letter and resume in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate the position title and reference number (AN0006) in the subject line of the email.