Triplet Therapeutics, is an early stage start-up biotherapeutics company developing new therapeutic approaches to address triplet repeat disorders such as Huntington’s disease and Myotonic Dystrophy. There are more than 50 known triple repeat disorders that devastate the lives of people and their families with no known treatment options to date. Triplet aims to change this, developing ground-breaking treatments for these patients.
Triplet is seeking a highly skilled scientist with deep knowledge of biomarkers in the neuroscience space and experience in exosome biology. This person would join the Translational Biology team and work in a cross functional group to develop new biomarker assays to support the clinical development of Triplet’s lead asset. This is a unique opportunity to join our team and have a meaningful impact on developing translational biomarkers across multiple disease indications.
- Work closely with preclinical, clinical, molecular biology and chemistry groups to develop biomarker strategies to rapidly and effectively address key questions related to the safety and efficacy of our drugs with actionable results
- Collaborate with preclinical and molecular biology teams to develop exosome isolation protocols for different biofluids appropriate for different species
- Evaluate different technologies to analyze the contents of exosomes, including RNA, protein, DNA and other secondary messengers
- Develop novel biomarkers to better understand disease progression
- Work closely with preclinical and clinical group to evaluate exosomes from prospective and retrospective biofluid collections
- 5-10yrs of relevant work experience in biomarker research and/or drug discovery
- Minimum of BSc with 5-10yrs, MSc with3-7yrs or PhD with3-5yrs of postdoctoral experience
- Deep experience in isolating exosomes from different biofluids
- Experience employing different molecular profiling approaches to develop biomarkers suitable for clinical development
- Experience in validating biomarker assays
- Prior experience transferring assays to clinical CRO’s is a plus
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Clear and effective verbal and written skills
- Ability to successfully participate in a highly creative and enthusiastic early stage biotech