Benefits Offered – Vision, Life, 401K, Medical, Dental
Employment Type – Contractor
Reporting to – Director of Innovative Research
Celularity is NJ-based biotechnology start-up company striving to become the leader in cellular therapeutics. We are looking for a highly motivated research associate scientist to a group of researchers evaluating novel cell therapies in the field of stem cell biology and immunotherapy. The candidate will have at least two years of academic or pharmaceutical industrial experience in cell culture, cell-based assays, immune-based assays, and molecular biology studies. A strong background in stem cell biology, cellular, molecular biology and primary cell culture is desired. The candidate will be responsible for performing the laboratory-based studies to generate the nonclinical proof of concept (PoC) datasets related to human placenta tissue and stem cell derived product to support company product development. The candidate is expected to support multiple internal projects, provide experimental design expertise, conduct data analysis, and provide regular research progress report, both in written and oral.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Cultivation of human placenta tissue and stem cells
- Process of human placenta and umbilical cord blood to isolate exosomes and cells
- Characterization of exosomes and cells by ELISA, flow cytometry and related assays
- Perform cell-based assays to evaluate the function of human placenta stem cells and exosomes
- Review current literature, contribute novel ideas, anticipate and provide solutions to technical/experimental challenges.
- Provide written and oral scientific progress reports to Director of Innovative Research
- Maintain laboratory records, electronic files, and laboratory notebooks to support experimental studies and intellectual property development.
- Order laboratory supplies and assist R&D team work when needed
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment in accordance with lab/OSHA policies/procedures.
- BS/MS: 2+ years relevant experience in academic or industrial setting
- Solid understanding of advanced concepts and principles in stem cell biology, cell biology, immunology, oncology or related field Required.
- Experiences in cell culture and molecular biology laboratory skills such as ELISA, use of centrifugation, flow cytometry is desired.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, is required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint), FlowJo and Graph-pad Prism.
- Ability to work both independently and in project team setting.
- Must be goal-oriented and capable of efficient multiple tasking in a fast-moving start-up environment.
- Willing to handle human placenta tissues
No Agency Submittals will be accepted through this site.
Must have authorization to work for Celularity in the U.S.
Celularity is an Equality Opportunity Employer.
To harness the power of the living cell with leading-edge technologies to amplify the body’s ability to fight disease, heal, and regenerate itself
To extract maximum value from the most biocreative single event in life
Company website: https://www.celularity.com/
Company address: 33 Technology Drive, Warren, NJ 07059
Posted date: 4/14/18
Source – ZipRecruiter