Capricor Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ: CAPR) is a Los Angeles, CA based cutting-edge biotech company focused on the discovery and development of novel therapies for the treatment of rare diseases. Capricor’s product candidate, allogeneic Cardiosphere-Derived Cells (CDCs), known as CAP-1002, are being investigated as a treatment for Duchenne muscular dystrophy and currently are in Phase II development.
In addition, Capricor is conducting research and development on its exosome platform technology for various indications. Capricor has made significant progress in the development of its exosome technology for the treatment of inflammatory conditions as well as developing a platform for engineering exosomes for delivering specific cargos to therapeutically relevant targets.
Capricor offers exciting opportunities to join our expanding team. Capricor provides competitive compensation and benefits packages.
Vice President Exosomes Therapy Technology
We are seeking a highly motivated scientific leader with experience in cell therapy and exosomes to develop our exosome platform. This position is immediately available.
The successful candidate’s major goal will be to build and lead a scientific and development team to bring our exosomes product into the clinic. The candidate should be able to design strategic pre-clinical plans enabling an IND submission. The candidate will coordinate research and development activities for the research and development teams as well as managing additional activities to translate Capricor’s exosomes into the clinic. In addition, he/she will be responsible for identifying, establishing and supervising collaborations with other companies and academic institutions.
- Provide scientific leadership to develop Capricor’s exosomes platform.
- To lead the progress of exosomes products from early development phases through IND-enabling studies.
- Develop, in collaboration with other members of the managing team, a GMP manufacturing plan able to provide material for clinical development.
- Coordinate and supervise activities of a research and development team.
- Collaborate preparing scientific and technical documentation related with IND, patent applications and grants submissions.
- Identify and partner with academic collaborators, CRO and other alliance partners to build a portfolio of exosomes candidates.
- Organize, communicate and present complex data sets to executive management as well as in scientific forums.
- Recruiting research team members and providing professional and personal growth opportunities and mentorship to that team.
- Develop and manage a budget, capital equipment and resources related with exosomes projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ph.D. in Cell Biology, Bioengineering, Molecular Biology or related field.
- At least 7 years of relevant experience in biotech or pharma industries and at least 5 years of direct managerial experience.
- Excellent understanding of cellular biology and cellular processes.
- Prior experience with cell therapy process development and manufacturing. Experience with exosomes strongly preferred.
- Experience designing strategic preclinical plans to enable IND submission.
- Ability to work cross functionally with CROs and academic labs.
- Excellent communication, time-management, and organizational skills.
Applicants should submit a cover letter and their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org