We are searching for a full-time post-doctoral fellow in the Hansjörg Wyss Department of Plastic Surgery at the New York University Langone Medical Center. The candidate will be responsible for conducting independent biomedical research under the mentorship of Dr. Piul Rabbani, and must commit 2 years minimum. The position is fully funded, has scientific and career development support, and access to all opportunities offered by NYU School of Medicine’s Post-doctoral Office.
Applicants must be highly motivated and passionate about research, have excellent verbal and written communication skills, maintain accurate and highly-organized experimental records, and work efficiently and collaboratively as part of a team. Excellent work will lead to publications and we will support the fellow to present in national conferences. We are a small team and you will have leadership and mentoring roles yourself.
- EV-mediated paracrine communication among heterotypical cells in the skin wound bed
- Pathological EV-associated mechanisms underlying chronic skin wounds, such as in patients with diabetes, venous insufficiency, and advanced age.
- Approaches to compensate for deficiencies with allogeneic and engineered EVs, collaboration with bioengineering labs to develop therapeutic strategies
- The work involves genetic mouse models, molecular, cellular and biochemical analysis, handling human tissue, in vivo imaging and microscopy
Duties and Responsibilities
- Formulation of hypotheses, study design, independent analysis of data
- Development and implementation of immunohistochemical/immunofluorescence/imaging techniques
- Supervision, management and maintenance of transgenic mouse colonies and implementation/upkeep of protocols
- Preparation of manuscripts and presentations.
- Writing, editing grant proposals with PI
- Detailed cataloguing of study materials
Highly motivated and productive individual with a PhD, MD, MD/PhD, in Biomedical Sciences or a related field. The position requires a minimum 2 year commitment.
Excellent knowledge of molecular biology and cell biology; ability to think and work independently; experience in handling mice, mammalian cell culture, and molecular cloning, experience with immunofluorescent staining, imaging and flow cytometry (preferred); must be detail-oriented, highly organized, able to handle multiple projects, take initiative, start and complete projects; must be able to work with a variety of people from different backgrounds; proficiency in basic computer skills, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and Indesign, ImageJ, MS Office, database management. We highly appreciate any data visualization skills.
Please email (1) cover letter stating your specific interest in this position and relevant experience, (2) your detailed CV, and (3) names and contact information of two references.
Please send complete application to Dr. Piul Rabbani at firstname.lastname@example.org.