Employer – The University of Texas M. D. Anderson Cancer Center
Location – Houston, TX
Job Number – 7047713
Application Deadline – Open Until Filled
- Seeking a postdoctoral fellow to join a laboratory focusing on molecular mechanisms of prostate cancer, with a specific focus on the molecular properties of extracellular vesicles.
- The laboratory employs both pre-clinical and clinical models for our studies on the molecular and functional properties of extracellular vesicle with emphasis on exosomes.
- The ideal candidate will have experience with in vivo and/or in vitro models of exosome and cancer biology.
- The candidate should also be proficient in molecular and cellular biology techniques, particularly those that relate to the study of exosome biology.
- This position requires a driven and motivated individual. The candidate should welcome the challenge of exploring new techniques and new ideas relating to molecular cardiology.
- Hypothesis generation and experimental planning
- Comprehensive understanding and review of relevant literature
- Analysis of in vivo murine models of cardiac disease
- Flow cytometry
- Study of cell signaling
- Western blotting
- Cell culture
- Quantitative RT-PCR
- Preparation of figures and drafts of manuscripts for publication
- Supervision of more junior members (e.g. graduate students) in the laboratory
Required: Minimum of two years related experience
M. D. Anderson Cancer Center is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on basis of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability or veteran status except where such distinction is required by law. All positions at The University of Texas M. D. Anderson Cancer Center are security sensitive and subject to examination of criminal history record information. Smoke-free and drug-free environment.
Theocharis Panaretakis, Ph.D.
Genitourinary Medical Oncology – Research
1515 Holcombe Boulevard, Unit 18-4