Postdoctoral Researcher – Chemical & Petroleum Engr
Postdoctoral position in Dr. Mei He’s lab needs to provide a full range of support, with minimal supervision. Must be able to work effectively with the principal investigator and co-supervise students, and independently solve problems. The fellow will be involved in microfluidic design and fabrication, cancer research involving exosomes isolated from bodily fluid samples, and other related research tasks. The project will concern the independent development of a tumor diagnostic tool using exosomal capture and traditional microfluidic techniques for high throughput analysis of many different samples. The fellow will work alongside other researchers and mentor graduate students through their own independent projects.
- 70% – Conduct cancer research involving exosomes isolated from bodily fluid samples and other related research tasks.
- 15% – Provide written reports on research progress, participate in group meetings and present seminars, support editing of grants/manuscripts.
- 15% – Collaborate with internal and external groups; assist with supervision of graduate and possibly undergraduate students.
1. Ph.D. in chemistry, biochemistry molecular/cell biology, bioengineering or biomedical sciences.
2. Demonstrated research capability evidenced by publication record.
3. Experience with instruction of laboratory procedures.
To be appointed at the Postdoctoral Researcher title, it is necessary to have the PhD conferred at the time of hire. Appointments made without a diploma or certified transcript indicating an earned doctorate are conditional hires and are appointed on an acting basis not to exceed 6 months. Upon verification of degree the appointment will be extended to its full duration.
1. Experience with cell culture.
2. Experience with data analysis.
3. Strong background in microfluidics.
4. Experience with 3D printing.
Contact Information to Applicants
Dr. Mei He
Additional Candidate Instruction
A complete application consists of the online application, CV, and a cover letter outlining how qualifications are met along with the contact information for three professional references.
Application review begins January 31, 2018. Deadline to apply is February 12, 2018.