About the position
A 2-year postdoc research fellow position is available in the Department of Energy and Process Engineering (EPT), Faculty of Engineering Science, Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU). The position is part of the project Biomedical engineering platform for cardio exosomes financed by the NTNU Health strategic program involving the Deptartment of Circulation & Medical Imaging (ISB) and the Department of Energy and Process Engineering (EPT).
Although the position is organized under EPT, close collaboration with ISB is required. The position deals with separation and characterization of exosomes using microfluidics platform. The position will start early in 2020. The head of the Department is Professor Terese Løvås. The position’s supervision is by Professor Carlos Dorao. Co-supervisor is Researcher Morten Høydal.
Main duties and responsibilities
The position focuses in the isolation of exosomes from other microvesicles by size using acoustofluidics and being able to analyze the samples for biomarkers. The primary objectives are:
- to develop a microfluidic separation and characterization platform of exosomes
- to develop a nanoplasmonic biosensor for identifying particular biomarkers
- to perform experiments on purification of exosomes released in fluids from biological samples
A postdoctoral research fellowships is a qualification position in which the main objective is qualification for work in academic positions. Completion of a Norwegian doctoral degree in biomedical engineering, bio-nanotechnology, biological sciences or corresponding foreign doctoral degree recognized as equivalent to a Norwegian doctoral degree is required.
The appointment is to be made in accordance with the regulations in force concerning State Employees and Civil Servants and national guidelines for appointment as PhD, postdoctor and research assistant
NTNU is committed to following evaluation criteria for research quality according to The San Francisco Declaration on Research Assessment – DORA.
- Experience in micro-nano fabrication and working in clean rooms
- Experience in biosensors, biomaterials, surface functionalization, surface modification
- Experience in uses of electrochemical techniques
- Experience in immobilization enzymes, antibodies, DNA, etc.
- Experience in nanostructures chemical and physical synthesis
- Experience in laboratory work within the field of acoustofluidics, cellular and molecular biology as well as biomedical engineering
- Good written and oral English skills