Job ID: R-14897
Location: Thousand Oaks, CA
Amgen discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen was one of the first companies to realize the new science’s promise by bringing safe, effective medicines from lab, to manufacturing plant, to patient. Amgen therapeutics have changed the practice of medicine, helping millions of people around the world in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis, and other serious illnesses. With a deep and broad pipeline of potential new medicines, Amgen remains committed to advancing science to dramatically improve people’s lives.
The Amgen Postdoctoral program is committed to providing future scientists with an enriching environment to inspire innovation that will contribute to the development of human therapeutics.
Amgen is seeking a Postdoctoral Fellow in the area of Immunology to work under Dr Jim Johnston. The Postdoctoral fellow will be involved in research that will explore the role of leukocyte derived exosomes in pathological situations such as chronic inflammation, tissue repair and cancer, and will examine modulation of the immune response using adoptive transfer of model systems and profoundly suppress immune responses. The Postdoctoral Fellow will also characterize the key components of these dominant exosomes and explore whether they can act alone or require fusion with target cells on how immune signaling affects immune cell development and function and how it contributes to chronic inflammatory diseases.
The assignment length is expected to be 2-3 years.
- PhD at the time of appointment
- PhD and/or MD in immunology or other cell biology- related fields preferably including immunology training
- Recently graduated PhDs are strong preferred
- A track record of being highly motivated with an outstanding publication record (i.e. one first-author research paper published in peer-reviewed international journal)
- A track record with a strong research background in cellular immunology, biochemistry, and mouse models of inflammatory diseases in respiratory system or inflammatory bowel disease
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong work ethic
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.APPLY