A post-doctoral position is available at the Laboratory of Pneumology, led by Prof Dr Renaud Louis and under the supervision of Dr Julien Guiot, within the GIGA Institute of the University of Liege (Belgium).
As part of a collaborative funding and under the overall supervision of Dr Ingrid Struman’s Molecular Angiogenesis lab, we are looking for a motivated candidate to manage the project in a translational fashion between the clinic and the wet lab.
Based on our combined lab team expertise in extracellular vesicles (EVs), we aim to determine if EVs are suitable tools for lung diseases. The project will aim to detect and block immune checkpoint proteins (ICPs) in the context of non-small cell lung cancer (NSCL). We recently developed a new methodology allowing the identification of up to 40 ICPs at the surface of EVs in a single liquid-biopsies. The high sensibility of the method permits the detection of several ICPs at the same time offering a new possibility to follow the evolution of immune checkpoint landscape in tumor.
The position offers various tasks and activities in an exciting environment, including but not limiting to:
- Designing and conducting the research project based on the funding objectives.
- Managing the wet lab practices and supervising a lab technician dedicated to the project.
- Managing the whole workflow of sampling: from the patients inclusion, samples management, biobank requirements to the lab experiments.
- Promote the research project through publications drafting and dissemination activities.
- Maintaining daily efficient and productive communication with the academic and industrial partners of the project.
We are looking for a highly motivated researcher with a PhD degree in biomedical sciences, biochemistry or equivalent, and a high interest in lung diseases.
The ideal candidate should have a strong background in molecular biology, with interest in cancer immunology and published evidence of aptitude for high quality research.
Fluency in oral and written English, an independent, creative mind yet with a good team spirit and excellent organizational skills are essential requirements.LEARN MORE