Boehringer Ingelheim is currently seeking a talented and innovative **Intern** to join our CardioMetabolic Diseases Research department located at our Ridgefield, CT facility. As an Intern, you will work with animal and human samples to identify and validate novel biomarkers of kidney/liver pathology and therapy. You will also participate in assay development for new targets.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Isolate RNA, protein, and/or exosomes from various samples (kidney/liver tissue, urine, blood).
- Evaluate protein content using ELISA and/or Western blots.
- Compare protein and/or RNA candidates across various studies (animal disease models or clinical samples) to validate novel biomarker hypotheses.
- Participate in the new assay development for new targets.
- Analyze and communicate data within the team.
- Must be an Undergraduate, Graduate, or Professional Student in good academic standing.
- Must have completed 12 credit hours within a related major and/or other related coursework.
- Overall, cumulative GPA (from last completed quarter) must be at least 3.200 (on 4.0 scale) or better (No rounding up).
- Major must be related to the field of internship.
Desired Experience, Skills and Abilities:
- Computer skills: Microsoft office and advanced Excel required._
- Basic understanding of molecular and cell biology._
- Experiences working in a lab to perform standard biologic techniques (e.g. pipetting, handling RNA and protein. understand basic lab experiments and have the ability to perform simple experiment by following the protocol).
- Communication and presentation skills, self-motivation and good work ethic._
- Experiences of working with RNA, protein, tissue sample preparation/isolation and assays (qRTPCR, Elisa, Western blots etc.) and cell/tissue culture are preferred but not required._
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction.
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation, including verification of your past employment, criminal history, and educational background
- Must be willing to take a drug test and post-offer physical (if required)
- Must be 18 years of age or older